Thursday, November 17, 2011

Back from a break

Its been a while,
since I rhymed.
Its been a while,
since I wrote a line.
Its been a while,
since I poured my heart out.
But today,
I write this song.

Its been a while,
since I smiled at the sky.
Its been a while,
since I heard the leaves fly.
Its been a while,
since I heard the birds chirp.
But today,
I see a new world.

Its been a while,
since I sang out loud.
Its been a while,
since I laughed my heart out.
Its been a while,
I cried my self over nothing.
But today,
I feel alive again.

Its been a while,
since I felt the warmth.
Its been a while,
since I held hands on a walk.
Its been a while,
since I slept with dreams in my eyes.
Its been a while,
since I found joy in someone's smile.
But today,
I am with you, humming this song.

2 comments:

Mithrandir said...

indeed its been a while...may the horn ring true!

Unknown said...

a very nice one :)!!!