Thursday, December 16, 2010

Truth

You did make me smile,
you made me cry,
But today you are a big lie.

I waited and hoped for the day,
when you would be in front of me to say,
I'm here darling,
come run into my arms,
I wish to hold you close,
so close to my heart.

The day did come our way,
just that u stepped away,
Saying those same words,
except they didn't come my way.

I stood there as she ran into you,
You held her close to you.
You couldn't even see me cry,
the tears that rolled down my eyes.
you saw me then,
but looked away like I wasn't even present.

You held her closer to you,
she was lost in the embrace between the two of you.
I saw all this from a distance,
but you made no effort to clear the presence.

You looked at her in the eye and called her love,
my heart stalled when you said those words.
I wished you were my work of fiction.
A memory that that could be erased in a fraction.
but there you are in flesh and blood.
holding her close to you as I stand behind the wood.

No comments: